Lowongan Kerja : Lead Software Engineer – Cartography
Perusahaan : Gojek
Deskripsi Pekerjaan : Roll up your sleeves and climb on board if you’re ready to be our next Lead Software Engineer. In this role, you will be part of the team, building some of the most critical products for Gojek’s ecosystem of consumers, drivers, and merchants. The Lead Software Engineer is the first formal leadership role in the GoJek engineering organization. As an engineering manager, you will be accountable to lead a team of 5 – 10 engineers. Your ownership, drive, and passion would help provide for a world-class user experience and stability of our Cartography products.
To excel in this role we believe you need to have excellent ability in prioritizing and tactical decision making along with deep technical expertise and eagerness to take a hands-on approach as necessary in delivering values for the customers. Also, it’s equally important to be passionate about taking care of the growth and development of the team.
What you will do
- Independently responsible for end-to-end delivery of multi-team projects.
- Is a go-to person for large parts of the systems, infrastructure, and design choices in their team.
- Working with stakeholders to anticipate and address risks such as technical & architectural debt, downtime, data leaks, and execution problems.
- Encouraging participation in the design review process, and is accountable for the system designs in their team.
- Consistent tracking and reporting of all delivery as well as execution metrics for their team, and for coaching their team to make this endeavor operationally sustainable.
- Works with stakeholders to understand the expectation around non-functional requirements.
- Negotiating scope, speed & quality trade-offs with Product Managers.
- Ensuring predictability, quality & throughput of their team’s delivery. Keeping external stakeholders up to date on any changes to any of the same.
- Monitoring and adjusting the team’s pace to instill urgency for success but protect from burnout.
- Working with stakeholders to ensure technology context is provided during complex feature specification, planning, OR prioritization.
- Leading the process of converting the complex projects into team-wise responsibilities & work with team leads in chalking their detailed execution plan.
- Excelling on Agile practices and fine-tunes based on project needs
- Mentoring multiple senior engineers.
- Participating in the recruitment process by participating in interviews & helps engineering managers with staffing plans.
- People management: setting performance expectations, career planning, performance reviews, managing low performers, promotions, and terminations; with minimal guidance from a senior engineering manager.
What Will You Need
- Engineers typically acquire the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to meet the expectations of this role with at least 6 years of relevant industry experience with a minimum 1-year of experience in leading a software development team.
- Experience managing, mentoring, and supporting a team of direct reports.
- Well-versed in Agile methodologies, CICD, code reviews, and champions best engineering practices hands-on and able to contribute by writing code around 10-30% of the time.
- Professional experience with Java, Go, Ruby, Python, or other backend-oriented programming languages.
- Experience developing end-to-end products across mobile and backend at scale.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills focused on improving collaboration, understanding & information exchange across all stakeholders.
- Experience in a similar role with a high-growth company.
About the team
At the heart of Gojek’s businesses, we move things around. Whether that’s people, food, packages, fresh groceries, etc. Moving things around boils down to understanding the best route, understanding traffic, and understanding locations. The Cartography team is an internal team that surfaces mapping technologies needed by all internal product teams within Gojek. This is a relatively small but growing team so you will have an unmatched impact on the trajectory of this team.
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune’s list of ‘Companies That Changed The World.’
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates – in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia’s GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly – available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.
Perkiraan Gaji :
Lokasi : Jakarta
Tanggal : Sun, 03 Jul 2022 04:40:54 GMT