Lowongan Kerja : Energy Consultant – London/Jakarta
Perusahaan : Systemiq
Deskripsi Pekerjaan : Company Description
SYSTEMIQ is a different kind of company. Our purpose is to catalyse good disruptions in critical economic systems, with a current focus on land use/forestry, energy, and materials/circular economy. These disruptions are not only vital to the future of humanity and our planet, they also open up immense opportunities for the businesses that drive them. The UN Global Goals and the Paris Agreement have set the targets we must reach to protect the earth and make sure everyone in the growing global population has a chance to prosper. But, so far, most change has been incremental. We need to transform economic systems much faster to hit the targets and stop the degradation of natural resources.
SYSTEMIQ connects the right people, ideas, technologies, and capital to transform economic systems. We do this through four five activities: * Convene and support coalitions of leaders to shape policies and business strategies that will rapidly transform economic activity
- Work with companies that want to be pioneers in and drivers of change towards more sustainable systems
- Co-create and incubate the market solutions most likely to build regenerative economic systems
- Invest our own venture capital and expertise in opportunities with the biggest potential to drive rapid system change
- Direct larger pools of capital into regenerative economic systems, so that these scale and multiply.
In order to deliver in these areas, we recruit and develop distinctive and varied individuals who strive to achieve our mission, challenge the status quo and act as change leaders.
We are looking for Strategy Consultants with consulting, or industry experience to work specifically in our Sustainable Finance Platform. You will help develop blended finance solutions for energy transitions. For this role, we are looking for a system change leader who can help us enable energy transitions around the world, with a particular focus for Indonesia. We start with exploring different blended finance solutions to realise Indonesia’s energy transitions targets by engaging with the full value chain to reach a critical scale of deployment of portfolio of solutions.
With advanced problem-solving, analytical and relationship skills, a strong candidate would have been experienced working on strategic projects to deliver breakthrough insights, action and results. Ideally your background includes working at a leading management consultancy or in a strategy role in finance, public or private energy industry. You are keen to work in a small company where you can play a shaping role and make an impact.
Our work includes
- Bringing together global and local leaders from across the energy landscape to define pathways to zero-carbon energy systems, structure financing solutions, and galvanise leadership in the business community, and inform policy development.
- Partnering with ambitious industry leaders to help them scope and seize the benefits of the low-carbon transition (e.g. assessing risks and opportunities of the energy transition for a mining company).
- Joining forces with innovators across the energy landscape who propose innovative financing solutions, and/or distinctive, low-carbon solutions to accelerate their growth.
- Masters or equivalent degree – Sciences/Sustainability/Energy/Finance related studies especially welcome
- Analytical, Finance, Data Science backgrounds strongly advantageous
- Great knowledge and understanding on Indonesia’s energy system
- 2 or more years advisory/consulting/strategy experience in a high calibre and international environment, ideally working with energy, manufacturing, or finance clients
- Direct experience in the renewables/power/energy/finance sector is welcome
- Problem-solving, analytical skills & collaborative team player with relationship management skills
- Intercultural competencies that bring multiple perspectives to confront society wide challenges
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to identify opportunities and new initiatives and make them into reality
- Comfortable with a level of international travel. This will vary depending on project but could be up to 20-30%. (However, we don’t normally co-locate with clients and typically these are short term trips)
- Evidenced passion for the sustainability/ environment/ social enterprise space
- Natural alignment with SYSTEMIQ values; Creativity, Challenge, Collaborate, Change and Care
Our work and global focus on SYSTEMs change in society is incredibly diverse & so we are very keen to receive applications from all parts of the community.
We offer the opportunity to benefit from the world-leading networks of our partners and be part of a high-calibre, driven but friendly and fun team!
Please send your application via our website. Any questions on the application process please feel free to email Michael Round at [email protected]
Perkiraan Gaji :
Lokasi : Jakarta – London
Tanggal : Sun, 03 Jul 2022 04:40:54 GMT