Lowongan Kerja : Technical Expert, Geological Specialist
Deskripsi Pekerjaan : Provide comprehensive and in-depth technical expertise and process improvement suggestions related to the Geology Department (Underground Mine Geology and Surface Geology Operations) to ensure performance target and objectives achievement in a safe, effective, and efficient working environment within specified company guidelines and legal requirements. Support analyzed long term strategic achievement planning for GeoEngineering division especially in reducing division risk levels in accordance with division Risk Register.
1. Identify process improvement opportunities to improve ongoing operational management and practice of the department and recommend best practice actions and solutions.
2. Provide expert technical assistance to department head in developing the technical and managerial skills of the staff.
3. Coordinate with senior management in the absence of the department manager.
4. Provide expert assistance to department head in coordinating long term strategic planning issues within the GeoEngineering division.
5. Provide high level strategic feedback/review of the projects (existing and potential) to the department head to support the department head’s decision making.
6. Conduct global industry research and provide technical advice to each head of section on current industry best practices.
7. Understand and be aware of safety and environmental practices in the work area ensuring that safe work practices for self, working colleagues and contract workers are in compliance with company Safety and Environmental SOP’s.
8. Schedule regular instruction and inspection and insist on completion of all company policy requirements by subordinates to ensure compliance with company Safety and Environmental SOP’s.
9. Completion of other tasks assigned by management.
-Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Engineering, Hydrogeology or an underground mining related science discipline with at least ten (10) years of experience in the industry.
-Geological Engineering, Geomodeling and/or Geostatistics expertise and experience.
-Strong knowledge of characterization and classification for massive, veined deposits.
-Extensive strategic mine safety and environmental experience.
-Strong field and underground geological experience.
-Excellent, leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
-Strong project management and exceptional organizational skills.
-Quick at taking initiative with analytical thinking.
-Strong in identifying project and safety risks and developing actions plans to mitigate.
-Fluent in English (oral and written) and willing to learn Bahasa
-Other PTFI mandatory competencies.
-Vulcan, Leapfrog and Deswik, Tableu user preferable but not mandatory.
-Copper Overseas Service Company (“COSCO”) promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
-Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
-Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
-Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
-Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer
Your email address:
Your country of residence:
Never supply bank or financial information to advertisers. If bank details or money are requested for a job vacancy, email .
Find Out More
© 2022 (A)
Perkiraan Gaji :
Lokasi : Papua
Tanggal : Sun, 03 Jul 2022 04:40:54 GMT