Lowongan Kerja : National Professional Officer (Budget & Finance), NO-A
Perusahaan : World Health Organization
Deskripsi Pekerjaan : OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The objective of the Programme is to deliver WHO core functions at the country level, with particular focus of the Organization’s directing and coordinating role for international work. Within this framework, activities include support to the Government in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of national health policies, strategies and plans, and development and management of WHO technical cooperation progammes at the country level. The immediate objective to lead a team of national staff and manage the Budget and Finance functions for WCO Indonesia.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer and general supervision of WHO Representative, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. General Ledger (GL) – Budget Monitoring and related GL budget vouchers, expenditure batches, collaborate with Planning Unit for biennial budget development process, closely monitoring deadlines, identifying and reporting funding/budgeting problems, proposing solutions to ensure alignment and compliance with business rules and financial practices;
2. Assist in developing/strengthening standard operational procedures (SOPs) and checklists for effective support and service delivery to the technical programmes in the WHO country office and overseeing the budget and finance team for accurate and timely reporting to the WR for informed decision-making;
3. Verify and provide budget clearance to project proposals, correspondence and requests, ensures compliance with financial regulations, policies and procedures;
4. Develop and maintain an accurate financial tracking system of all financial activities and monitor implementation. Extracting data from Enterprise resource planning system (GSM) and converting this complex data into meaningful, timely and relevant information, analyze financial implementation status, encumbrances and PO reports and reviewing financial data to advise the Administrative Officer, oversee and support preparation of various ad-hoc financial monitoring reports and dashboards;
5. Propose alternative methods and approaches to streamline and improve processes, provide advice on policies and procedures; provide recommendations on financial policy, improvements in internal controls and guidelines and procedures for the Region, provide trainings on various cross functional areas on financial implications;
6. Continuous capacity building of technical and administrative support staff in expenditure management, interact with management and technical units to provide guidance and clarifications on WHO administrative and financial policies and practices and respond to budget and finance queries, undertake responsibility for accuracy and reconciliation of budgetary and accounting records prepared by other support staff in the Unit;
7. Production of simple/easy to read reports with required actions, effective monitoring on use of funds before expiration dates; correct expenditure recording, supervise monthly, annual and biennial closure exercises;
8. Manage and oversee the day-to-day functioning of Budget and Finance Unit including planning, organizing and supervising staff, identify priorities, allocate tasks, evaluate performance of staff and review closely work assignments. Identify errors and gaps, advise on corrective actions required to solve problems emerging during the processes and validate the compliance of all actions in light of financial rules and procedures of the organization;
9. Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
Essential: University degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
Desirable: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or relevant field. Certification as CPA or Chartered Accountant will be an advantage.
Essential: At least one-year experience in finance and accounting area, in a recognized International Company or International Organization or United Nations.
Desirable: Five (5) years of solid experience and good knowledge of the International Public-Sector Accounting Standards acquired through work with United Nations or International Organization.
- Knowledge of principles of accountancy and its application for quick and accurate computation of information from the financial data base.
- Thorough knowledge of The International Public-Sector Accounting Standards/ UN financial rules and regulations, manual provisions, end to end financial procedures and guidelines.
- To interpret financial rules and regulations and develop standard procedures.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication/drafting skills.
- Ability to supervise staff and manage teams.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in day-to-day work
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at IDR 415,186,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link:
. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit:
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
Perkiraan Gaji :
Lokasi : Jakarta
Tanggal : Sat, 02 Jul 2022 04:17:27 GMT